Please join me at one of my upcoming Capital Cooking Classes and Events or contact me to teach you how to cook at a private event at email@example.com. Lauren is available to provide private and group cooking classes, demonstrations, judging, appearances and wine tastings. We can customize the event to meet your needs.
- Master of Ceremonies: TEDx Talk on May 30, 2013
Past Events and Classes:
- Judging 555 Cochon on April 7, 2013
- Travel Writing in South Africa and Zambia: February-March 2013
- Filming in Sweden August 2012
- Filming in Taiwan June 2012
- Filming in Mexico September 2012
- Judge at Lamb Jam on May 21, 2012
- Mc'ing Hop Chef on April 28, 2012
- Judge at DC Chinese Take-out Food Experiments on April 22, 2012
- Judge at Cochon 555 on April 22, 2012
- 4th Tri-Lamb Supper Club on April 3, 2012
- 2nd Lamb Supper Club
- Media Trip to the Virginia Wineries
- DC Lamb Ambassador: Private Lamb and Fig dinner for 12 on August 7, 2011
- Private Baking Class on August 6, 2011: Bailey's Chocolate Truffles, Scandinavian Strawberry Cream Cake and La Torta Caprese.
- Judge at the Lamb Jam May 22, 2011
- Cooking Demo at the National Harbor Food and Wine Festival on May 14th
- Judge of the Booth Competition and Best Restaurant Exhibitor at the National Harbor Food and Wine Festival on May 14th
- Judge at the Food Experiments on May 15th
- Judge at the Reykjavik Food and Fun Festival in Iceland March 9-13, 2011
- Judge at Coconut Cake Challenge, April 27, 2011
- Cooking Demo at Great Grapes Reston, May 1, 2011
|Private Baking Class with Emily and Devin|
- November 2010 Cocktail Demonstration at the Spirit of the Festival Preview
- October 22nd, 12:30-1:30p.m. Cooking Demo at CHOP
- June 2010: Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival: Thrill of the Grill Demo
· Cooking Class: Moroccan Nights at Hill's Kitchen, July 8, 2009
· Cooking Demonstration: The Mediterranean Diet at the Mediterranean Wine Festival in August 2009
· October 2009 Old Town Alexandria Wine Festival: Cooking with Wine Demo
· Cooking Demonstration: Autumn Appetizers at the Philadelphia Food and Wine Festival, October 16-18, 2009
· Cooking Demonstration: Thanksgiving Appetizers at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show, November 2008
· Thanksgiving Appetizers and Desserts, November 20, 2008 / 7:30-10 p.m. : Join Lauren DeSantis, host of the television show, Capital Cooking, as she demonstrates how to make Thanksgiving appetizers with a twist. Instead of cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, she'll show you how to make a delicious Cranberry Salad and tasty Pumpkin Dip. These recipes will add some fun to your Thanksgiving celebration.
· Edible Housewarming Gifts, May 20, 2008 / 7-9:30 p.m. : Washington, D.C. is described as a highly transient city with workers, politicians, officials and interns coming and going from all over the world. With all of the people coming and going, you are likely to be invited to a housewarming party. This class will feature some delicious edible treats to enjoy with friends at their new home.
· All Things Chocolates, May 27, 2008 / 7-9:30 p.m. : Calling all chocolate lovers... this class will offer luxurious chocolate desserts including: chocolate covered strawberries, tiramisu, truffles and more. You don't want to miss this chocolate indulgence!
· Romantic Dinner for Two, June 27, 2008 / 7-9:30 p.m.: Life gets hectic, but it is important to always make time for the one you love. This class will feature a Filet Mignon with a balsamic reduction sauce and goat cheese, green beans topped with mushrooms, bacon and almonds, creamy twice baked potatoes and a delightful fruit tart.
· Light Summer Nights, July 31, 2008 / 7-9:30 p.m. : Who can imagine summer without summer food? This class will teach you how to make tasty grilled chicken with Italian salsa, the perfect pasta salad, asparagus and a sweet English trifle. Come enjoy a summer evening of flavor!